Saturday, September 19, 2009
Management Problem...
My management problem is my inability to maintain a consistent exercise/work out routine after the summer is over. This can easily be linked to time management issues as well as laziness. But other than that, over the summer I was able to maintain a somewhat consistent schedule to exercise because I had a lot of time on my hands. Even though I’m not working right now, I have not worked out. After school started, I have totally put that in the back of my head as I feel that my first priority is towards school work. School is definitely the first priority but I think if I manage my time more effectively, I will have enough time for exercise routine as well. I’m not sure about how to really get back into that work out mode that I had created for myself over the summer as an effort towards being healthy. Unfortunately, it didn’t last too long and I really hope to get back into. I have realized that it’s really difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle but definitely not impossible. Therefore, I will continue to work on this management problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


let me first start by saying that you are a gorgeous girl! I don't think you need to exercise in the first place. However, if it helps you can just lessen the amount of sodas you drink(that is if you do) and replace it with flavored water. You definitely don't need to set time apart for work outs, you can just watch t.v and jump a few jumps and hop onto stairs at Baruch instead of taking an elevator. Hope this helps...just be determined and you'll be fine!
ReplyDeleteWell, another suggestion I would give, in addition to taking the stairs given by Upasana:), is to create a workout schedule that you have to follow. Since you "have" to come to class, then you can workout in the gym before or after your classes(the gym in Baruch is topclass), whichever fits your schedule. I also have trouble finding time to workout at home, so I just go to the gym in Baruch during the break between classes. And of course use visualizations and affirmations to get yourself motivated to workout(you can imagine yourself working out and feeling really good afterwards). Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThe most important step is to recognize a problem. But is there really a problem? Everyone who works out has their own optimal "routine" that they should follow. Maybe the routine that you created during the summer is more than you actually need. That's why you keep beating yourself up. If that's the case, your challenge is not really a challenge but just a road bump.
ReplyDeleteAs for "making" yourself go to the gym, I use friends for that. But not in that order. Even when I feel like I would rather do ANYTHING in the world than workout, I call my friends and talk them into wanting to go to the gym. And once that is done, I have no other options left, but to fall into the trap that I myself created. So if they are going, so will I. Very helpful.
As to Upasana's comment, using stairs in Baruch might actually be a really good idea. I will time myself how long it takes to get from the 2nd floor to 13th, and then I'll let you know... just for the fun of it... maybe I'll loose 0.002 pounds. Good thing my G1 has a stopwatch.
Oh and yes, my friend here above me (M Zaman) uses a lot of really sophisticated ideas to state his appropriate points, so if you don't understand something he said - it's ok - I never do. (*he is gonna outcomment me with his Harvard Law Journal lexicon for this)
G luck. =)
Hey, I completely agree with the point you made about not having time to workout. I was also facing the same problem at the beginning of the semester but later on learned that nothing is impossible if done with complete determination. I would just tell how I scheduled my workout. I think first of all the most important thing is to watch your diet as thats a big factor for maintaining a good health. Just watch what you eat and try to cut down on carbs and sugar. Next, you could always find time on the weekends to workout. I mean just put your ipod on and run around the block in your neighborhood. I like Upasana's idea of taking the stairs than taking the elevator. Good Luck and I hope you achieve you management goals.
ReplyDeleteHey Kamal,
ReplyDeleteI am going through the exact same scenario as you. At the beginning of the summer I was working out on a normal basis and I had a routine and diet that I was following. However, right when I got my new job I slowly started to put working out aside. Its not like I don’t have energy to workout after work its just that I didn’t have enough time to work, go to the gym and enjoy summer… And since school started I only went to gym once. I know its bad. But I need to learn to manage my time more effectively. Good luck to you.