Thursday, November 12, 2009

Leadership/Management Diagnostic

According to the Leadership/Management diagnostic conducted in class, I am a C with high I. I think the test was correct. I do work very conscientiously to ensure quality and accuracy in most situations. I like to have all the details pertaining to a situation before I make a decision or take action, and I do most of the time think analytically. I would like to be another type though, preferably an I with high D because I think a person who is influential and has the potential to exercise some dominance can be quite successful because he or she can easily get their point through in most situations. I don’t think a person’s underlying values can be changed but I think to some degree, its possible to become another type through training. I think it is helpful to determine people’s management “type” to better understand where they are coming from because it gives an idea of what kind of a manager or a person that individual is and can be used to somewhat measure their potential in different positions in an organization. This type of test can possibly help in other personal interactions as well because if you know that a certain individual is a D type, you can expect them to take authority of the situation and make quick decisions where as some one who is an S type would be more predictable, patient, and consistent.

2 comments:

  1. Certain people have an ability to go from one leadership "letter" to another. But I assure you, everyone can surprise you. Some more than others.

    I know of people (and spoke with them) who were really shy and extremely "to themselves" in high school and college. You would never guess that they ended up millionaires through public attention. Those are models, cultural icons and others. Their personality tests would be 40% opposite if they took it in high school and now. So when you get a certain result in a diagnostic test like that, think of those who turned themselves 180 degrees. You can, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I think the test did determine the correct personality type in your case. "I do work very conscientiously to ensure quality and accuracy in most situations." That explains your good grades on every single math test in high school. I agree with you that knowing peoples personality types is helpful. However I dont think that its that easy to determine people's real personality based on this test because you have to rely on their own words. If the test determines important things like jobs then people would certainly lie.

    ReplyDelete